I’m on Packerland Drive in Green Bay at the corporate headquarters of Schneider National, a transportation firm with lots of orange trucks, for the monthly meeting of the NE Wisconsin chapter of the Public Relations Society of America.
Here are the slides I used for my presentation, which was entitled Not Your Father’s Media (Yet).
Here are five immediate steps the PRSA members can take to dive into social media:
- Comment on the presentation in the post below, and ask any questions we didn’t get to cover.
- Join Facebook and “friend” me.
- Sign up for Twitter and “follow” me.
- Sign up for Google Reader, take the tour, and subscribe to some RSS feeds (including SMUG’s). If you want it by old-fashioned e-mail, get that here.
- Enroll in SMUG by joining the Facebook group.
This should all maybe take another 30 minutes or so to get started, but it hopefully will launch you on a lifetime of social media exploration.