Today I’m doing a presentation to the Managing for Excellence meeting at Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla. This is a meeting of all Jacksonville supervisors, and I get a chance to tell them about what Mayo is doing in social media.
On our internal blog I did a post with links to some of our projects (many of which I had previously highlighted here), but I’m closing my fast-paced presentation (I only get 15 minutes) with a little more “show” to go along with the “tell.”
I’m planning to show:
- A video about Mayo Clinic that someone else posted to YouTube
- How I can post that video to my personal Facebook profile
- How I can post it to the Mayo Clinic Facebook “fan” page
- How I can directly share it with some of my friends through Facebook
- How I can add it to the “Favorites” for the Mayo Clinic YouTube channel
- How I can embed the video in my blog, and
- How any of our patients or employees can do all of the above.
- I also will show how the YouTube channel links to our mayoclinic.org Web site.
I will be updating this post during the meeting today, embedding a video, for instance.
If you’re interested in learning more and getting information on topics from Flickr to Twitter to RSS to Wikis, check out the Enroll Now page for your continuing education options.