Jeff Jarvis advises media companies wanting to survive to “focus on what you do best, and link to the rest,” which is why he thinks 15,000 journalists covering the major-party national conventions is a waste.
- Nonprofit Tips – Maximizing Use of Flickr
- Flickr add Moving Pictures
- I also particularly liked a post by Beth Kanter in TechSoup, to which Scott linked in his Nonprofit Tips.
Flickr is essentially YouTube for photos, although as Scott points out, you can upload video to Flickr if you have a Pro account.
If you mainly want to share photos only with your friends, Facebook is your best choice. That’s why, according to comScore, it’s the #1 photo-sharing site on the Web.
But if you want your photos to be available to anyone, Flickr is a great site for you.
- Create a personal Flickr account.
- Paste the URL of your Flickr photostream in the comments below. (Scott’s photostream is at http://www.flickr.com/photos/bottspot/.