My Health Journey contains links to all of my health-related posts, as I have shared what Lisa and I have learned since we became motivated to take control of our health in October 2016.
My top 20 tips post was meant to consolidate some of those key lessons in one place, as opposed to being scattered through dozens of posts.
This page is meant to guide those who are just starting on the journey, with an orderly, workable approach to the problem that is analogous to Dave Ramsey’s 7 Baby Steps for financial fitness.
Because this is about changing behaviors and habits (and maybe even breaking addictions), each of the #BodyBabySteps will include several posts. This isn’t just transmitting information, and the changes involved aren’t easy, but the goal is to approach them with solid science and practical wisdom.
On your marks! Get set…
- Get a Bluetooth scale
- Get your “before” pictures
- Get apps to track progress and support your health journey
- Get a Blood Pressure Monitor
#BodyBabyStep One: Stop Sugar
- Why sugar (especially fructose) is so harmful.
- The Case Against Sugar
- Juice is the Worst!
- How NOT to enjoy coffee
- Is cancer caused by sugar?
#BodyBabyStep Two: Seek Satiety
- Seek Satiety in Filling Fats
- Black, Creamy or Bulletproof
- But isn’t saturated fat dangerous?
- Blow up the U.S. dietary guidelines
- Find Filling Favorites
#BodyBabyStep Three: Cut Carbs
#BodyBabyStep Four: Bypass Breakfast & Fast Frequently
- Don’t Eat in the Evenings
- Bypass Breakfast
- Our 10 weeks of Alternate Daily Fasting
- The Fast after the Feast
- Why do a three-day fast?
- Fasting for Cancer Prevention
- Why I settled on Three Days for Cancer-Prevention Fasts
- Starting a #3DayCancerPreventionFast
#BodyBabyStep Five: Sleep Soundly
#BodyBabyStep Six: Exercise Effectively