Joe Batista, Chief Creatologist at Hewlett Packard, gave the second keynote. He spoke about creating new markets based on what your company has as resources or assets.
His Key Principles:
- Inventory of Assets: Discover, unleash and reorient everything!
- Dialogue −Open dialogue creates opportunities to channel company assets, resources and energy around client’s business challenge
- Alignment of business interests −Example: Personalized Medicine project HP has with Harvard (Mayo Clinic has something similar with IBM)
- Synchronizing business assets −Example: Memory Spot (HP) is RFID technology that can be used to validate pharmaceuticals to prevent import of counterfeits.
To Summarize, he emphasized:
- Creating business conversations for results− Create forums for dialogue
- Aligning talent & company franchises with client business objectives− Focus on projects not products, develop team of value added agents, build “net new”value streams
- Synchronizing assets− Discover, Unleash and Reorient suite of hidden assets within your organization for client success
- Intersection of Marketing & Sales− Look to build upon your products and services you currently offer, look at your ecosystem, IP portfolios, business processes, business policy and practices and create new value streams to be marketed.
Joe says, “Seeing growth is not a matter of selling more of what you produce, but expanding the domain in which you can respond to your clients.”